Hi and thank you for your interest. Here follows a tutorial to highlight some advanced features. If you need basic instructions please have a look to the video tutorial.
SocioViz at glance
Type of searches
You know that there are two type of searches: historical and recurring. Historical searches (in blue) allows you to search in the past with and recurring searches (in green) collect tweets in “real-time”. Please notice that number of concurrent searches and maximum of extracted tweets depends to your plan. Please subscribe a free plan and click on upgrade my plan for more details.
Upper corners of your searchs contains actionable buttons. In particular clicking on upper right corner you could:
- REPORT: go to the detailed search report
- PAUSE or STOP: for recurring searches
- SCHEDULE: transform an historical search in a recurring search
- DELETE: cancel the query
- DOWNLOAD: download a zip file with all reports up-to-date
Clicking on upper left corner of each search you could see query parameters, such as:
- Keyword to search
- Date range
- Result type (not active)
- Location (not active)
In the lower right corner there is a query health indicator that allows you to check the status of your queries.
- the query is finished collecting all tweets or reaching the maximum allowed
- the query is running
- temporary outage, please check again in minutes
Networks: layouts, parameters and visualization filters.
There are three types of interactions within each network visualization. In the upper right corner menu there are some menu voices that allows to export in various format or filer number and type of nodes to visualize.
Clicking on the upper right corner is possible to access to the export and filters menu.
PNG (Portable Network Graphics) is a raster graphics file format that supports lossless data compression.
GEXF (Graph Exchange XML Format) started in 2007 at Gephi project is a language for describing complex networks structures, their associated data and dynamics.
Other type of filters are available, depending on network type:
- Users network: you could filter and focus on Most recents, Most influentials (in terms of retweets and mentions received) or most active (in terms of number of tweet sent).
- Hashtags network: you could filter and focus on Most recents hashtags or Top hashtags (in terms of hashtag frequency).
- Words network: you could filter and focus on Most recents words or Top words (in terms of word frequency).
- Emoji network: you could filter and focus on Most recents emoji or Top emoji (in terms of emoji frequency).
Once the type of visualization is choosen (most recents, most influentials, most active…) is possible to select the number of nodes to visualize in two ways: clicking on the blue modal on the upper left corner or expand the options menù on the bottom (gear icon).
Clicking on the modal the number of visualized nodes increment by 100 each click.
The networks options menu
Clicking on the gear icon the Layout and filter configuration menu appears..
Layout: A network topology is the arrangement of a network, including its nodes and connecting lines. Using diffent layouts you could emphasize network topology by divisions, complementarity or ranking.
Avoid Overlap: avoid nodes overlapping.
If you need basic instructions please have a look to the video tutorial.